Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Batman dropping in

Here's a Batman piece I finished up recently. This is all done digitally in Photoshop CS5 with an Intuos3 tablet. I just started doing all my work digitally this year and so far the process has been pretty exciting.

My previous process was to do a series of sketches then when I was happy with the sketch, I would then scan into the computer and make some edits if needed before printing it out and then working over the printed pencil sketch I would do my finished pencils.

I would then rescan this, convert to photo blue and print out again before inking and then rescanning before colouring in Photoshop.

Overall this is the general process for my work. I would sometimes skip a step, such as inking straight over finished pencils rather than photo blue print outs.

Lets just say I find the new process of working digitally refreshing. I'm also hoping that working digitally will help develop my style more and push my art in a new direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment